Saturday 3 November 2012

Random

           
                 We live spending most of our time worrying. For what has been, what is happening and especially what should happen. We live everyday haunted by fears, afraid of the things that may come with the things that we do. Or have done. I've lived my whole life feeling exactly like that. And it gets worse when you find yourself worrying about what might be inevitable. What might happen where there's nothing you can do to prevent it. It gets worse when you have to watch it. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. At some point in each of your lives, the inevitable happened and you couldn't do anything about it.

                 I used to always believe somehow, that there was always at least something I could do to change things, or prevent it. Its like your future. You know you can control what will be if you studied for your exams, got good grades and got into a great university. But what we always fail to see is what might happen if something unusual happens. Something you'd never have thought of. Something that sweeps you off your feet and knocks the breath out of you even if you had plans to back you up. Or plans you thought could've backed you up. That feeling of helplessness as you lose control of what you thought you had in your hands. But believe me as you read this. Never ever let that fear keep you from chasing your dreams. Getting to where you want. Or even trying to do something about it. Otherwise, regret comes in and kicks helplessness out.

               You may be able to live with helplessness because you know he never stays for long. As soon as you gain control of the situation you're in, he has to move out because he knows he doesn't have a part to play any longer. But if, somehow, you never took that step be it to chase down your dreams or to prevent mishaps, regret kicks down the door and storms in to gain control. And there will always be the big WHAT IF that'll hang around inside of you. Its like a quote I stumbled upon :

"Its been said that the saddest things a man will ever face is "what might've been"."

           Which is why as I've said, never let the fear of falling get to you. Don't let words break you, do not let them put you in doubt. Live as if you never want to regret what might've been. Even if one day, the choice you make brings something bad. Because along the way, as you took the step forward, you were happy. You'd look back and think "At least I was brave enough to take the step", "Without making the move, I wouldn't be here today" or even "At least I had good times with the step I took". If anything, live your life to the fullest. Try things you've always wanted to. Because you, only have one go at this life you're living. Just don't go around doing something stupid that'll affect others making them miserable.

With this, I end this post with a song. Enjoy :) Life may suck at times, but remember that there will always be good times. That there will always be an end to sadness. 

When I was young I knew everything
And she a punk who rarely ever took advice
Now I'm guilt-stricken, sobbing with my head on the floor
Stop a baby's breath and a shoe full of rice, no

I can't be held responsible, 'cause she was touching her face
I won't be held responsible, she fell in love in the first place

For the life of me I can not remember
What made us think that we were wise, and we'd never compromise
For the life of me I can not believe
We'd ever die for these sins, we were merely freshmen 

My best friend took a week's vacation to forget her
His girl took a week's worth of Valium and slept
And now he's guilt-stricken sobbing with his head on the floor
Thinks about her now and how he never really wept, he says

Pre-Chorus 
Chorus 

We've tried to wash our hands of all of this
We never talk of our lacking relationships
And how we're guilt-stricken sobbing with our heads on the floor
We fell through the ice when we tried not to slip, we'd say


As always,
Adrian

No comments: